So it’s cold here right now.
Like walk outside and start coughing because your lungs are frozen- cold.
With windchill the other day we were at -20.
On top of that my sweet boy somehow caught pink eye and developed a sinus infection. So when friends were planning fun indoor play dates, we were stuck inside by our lonesome.
I’ve had to get a bit creative with the entertaining. Mostly because I had mountains of laundry to do, a lot of organizing and dishes blah blah blah.
Some of the fun ideas we did we’re
– finger painting in a ziploc bag.
( put a few colors of paint inside a ziploc and shut it tight, then your child can trace shapes or try and copy letters in the paint & no mess!)
– we made all meals together
– he helped with some chores, matched his socks, and swiffered my floor.
– one of the days I took him to the mall ( I didn’t let him touch anything) but we just walked. Did some returns and just hung out. We needed to see some other humans)
– Played hockey in the basement
– My favorite thing we did was lay together and make up funny stories, it may have only lasted 5 minutes, but man, my kid is hilarious.
” Once upon a time ( because that’s how all great stories start) a fireman haddago poo, so he went to da potty and pood. Then a a a a guy went poo. Mommy you so beautiful- Daddy play hockey? Ok let’s go build a snowman.”
I hate having a sick baby, I truly do. It’s so hard to watch your child suffer and be sick. But there IS one upside.
We spent a majority of these past few days snuggling up by the fire and watching movies and playing trucks.
Sometimes being forced to stay in isn’t so bad.